Rhema FCI Durban operates three websites including rhemadurban.co.za. It is Rhema FCI’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information collected while operating its websites as Rhema FCI takes the protection of your data seriously in all of its processing.
Data controller, data controller’s representative and Data Protection Officer
FCI Ministries International. P.O Box 201904 Durban North, Durban, South Africa 4051.
Wesley Bradford Sing is the data protection officer. You can contact him by sending an email at email@example.com
Data collected and purposes of the collection
Like most website operators, Rhema FCI collects from visitors of Rhema FCI’s websites non-personal data of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site and the date and time of each visitor request. Rhema FCI’s purposes in collecting such non-personal data are to optimize users’ experience of the Rhema FCI’s websites and render them more user-friendly, better understand how visitors use Rhema FCI’s websites and analyze their behavior for statistical purposes, for example by monitoring the most popular service accounts on the Rhema FCI’s websites. From time to time, Rhema FCI may release non-personal data in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its websites. Rhema FCI may display this information publicly or provide it to third parties.
Certain users of Rhema FCI’s websites choose to interact with Rhema FCI’s in ways that require Rhema FCI to gather personal data. Rhema FCI does not collect and process more personal data than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which personal data is collected and processed. The amount and type of personal data that Rhema FCI gathers depends on the nature of the interaction, as detailed below.
- Registered users:users who sign up on Rhema FCI’s websites are required to provide a username and email address for identification purposes. Rhema FCI’s also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for security reasons.
- Transactions with Rhema FCI:those who engage in transactions with Rhema FCI (e.g. representative of the charities making payments on behalf of the charities) are asked to provide additional information, including the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Rhema FCI collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the data subject’s interaction with Rhema FCI.
- Support:if you send Rhema FCI a request (for example via a support email or via one of Rhema FCI feedback mechanisms), Rhema FCI reserves the right to publish it in order to help Rhema FCI clarify or respond to your request or to help Rhema FCI support other users.
You have the right to access and update your personal data at any time through your account on Rhema FCI’s websites.
In addition and to the extent applicable, you are entitled to submit a request to the Data Protection Officer in order to:
- have access to your personal data and obtain information in relation thereto (i.e. purposes of the processing, categories of personal data concerned, recipients to whom personal data have been or will be disclosed, etc.);
- rectify your personal data;
- erase your personal data, unless retention of personal data is required by any applicable law or competent court or authority;
- restrict or object to the processing of your personal data; and
- receive, or request Rhema FCI to transmit to another designated person or entity, your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
To exercise any of the abovementioned rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will subsequently confirm you the execution of your request.
If requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, Rhema FCI reserves its right to either charge a reasonable fee taking into account the request or refuse to act on the request.
Without prejudice of non-personal data, Rhema FCI and/or the Data Protection Officer may request the provision of additional information to confirm the identity of the data subject if they have reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the person making the request.
Duration of storage
General and personal data will be kept by Rhema FCI only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which they have been provided, unless retention of data is required by any applicable law or competent court or authority or for statistical or archiving purposes.
Location of storage
- User data:your user information (i.e. name, email address, etc.) are stored in Rhema FCI’s servers which are located in a third party provider’s data center in Cape Town. South Africa. Credit card credentials: whenever you make a payment through Rhema FCI’s websites, credit card credentials are stored with Rhema FCI’s acquiring partner,
- Security measures
Rhema FCI’s has taken and will maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures in particular to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage and ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability of personal data and resilience of the systems and services used for processing of personal data. Rhema FCI will test and review the efficiency of the implemented technical and organizational measures on a regular basis.
Rhema FCI’s staff
Your personal data will be made available only to the members of Rhema FCI’s staff who need to have access to such personal data to perform the purposes for which personal data have been provided. Such members of Rhema FCI’s staff have been instructed with respect to and have committed to comply with the contractual and legal data protection obligations.
You must ensure that data you provide Rhema FCI with are:
- truthful; and
- compliant with any applicable laws.
In particular, since Rhema FCI will mainly use email communications with you, you are required to notify Rhema FCI or the Data Protection Officer of any modification of your email address. Alternatively, you can directly update your contact profile on your account.
Insofar as you provide Rhema FCI with personal data about third parties, you represent and warrant that you have the right to share this personal data and where necessary have obtained sufficient informed consent from such persons and provided them with all necessary information, as may be required by applicable law or agreement, for Rhema FCI to store and process any such personal data.
Disclosure of your data
- Transfers to affiliated companies:Rhema FCI may disclose your data to its offices, which are located in the USA, UK, South Africa and Switzerland.
- Transfers to third parties:Rhema FCI may disclose your data to its third-party contractors located in the USA, UK, South Africa, Australia, Germany, Czech Republic and Switzerland that need to have access to such data in order to process it on Rhema FCI’s behalf or to provide services available at Rhema FCI’s websites, in particular to charities, payment processors, IT service providers, customer support providers, auditors and lawyers. A complete and detailed list of up-to-date third-party service providers is available upon request at email@example.com. Third-party contractors have executed agreements with Rhema FCI requiring in particular that they abide by the rules of the applicable data protection laws, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, and comply with any instruction they receive from Rhema FCI as data controller, regarding personal data.
If you are a registered user of a Rhema FCI website and have supplied your email address, Rhema FCI may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Rhema FCI and its services. Rhema FCI primarily uses rhemadurban.co.za to communicate this type of information, so Rhema FCI expects to keep this type of email to a minimum.
You may opt-out from receiving Rhema FCI’s emails by logging in to your account, navigating to Settings > Account , scrolling to the bottom of the page, unchecking “I agree to receive communication from Rhema FCI” and clicking the “Save” button. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving messages from Rhema FCI. Rhema FCI may still send you important administrative messages and you cannot opt-out from receiving such administrative messages.
Google User Data
You can connect your Google and Rhema FCI accounts. When you do this, Rhema FCI uses the full name, e-mail address and picture (if any) from your Google account to update your Rhema FCI account details. You also have the option to explicitly grant Rhema FCI access to your Google Photos in order to display any of your public galleries on your public fundraiser project page.
Facebook User Data
You can connect your Facebook and Rhema FCI accounts. When you do this, Rhema FCI uses the full name, e-mail address and picture (if any) from your Facebook account to update your Rhema FCI’s account details. You also have the option to explicitly grant Rhema FCI’s access to your Facebook photos in order to display any of your public galleries on your public fundraiser project page.
If the changes are significant (e.g. your personal data will be processed for new purposes), Rhema FCI will require your consent during your next visit on Rhema FCI’s website. Rhema FCI will not be able to provide you with all or part of its services as long as you have not accepted the amended terms.
If you need further assistance, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting Rhema FCI’s website and clicking on “Contact us” to submit your inquiry.